• Gunton children grow physically, spiritually and academically.
• A balanced and rich set of learning experiences fosters the growth of the whole person.
• Children have key skills and learning experiences differentiated and appropriate to their needs so that all can grow intellectually.
• Partnership with High Schools is really strong, ensuring children are confident, prepared and growing in readiness for the transition to the next phase.
• As a staff team we are challenging ourselves to achieve our best, to learn new skills and to grow as professionals within our Trust.
• An essential part of learning is making mistakes and being challenged.
• We encourage children and staff to be resilient and to take on new experiences with support.
• Gunton Primary is very much a ‘family’ and part of the wider REAch2 ‘family’ and therefore we create an ethos of collaboration. Children, staff and families work together as a team when persevering with challenges.
• For ‘vulnerable’ children and families we offer extra support through our Parent Support Worker, Nurture groups and SENCo.
• We work in partnership with parents / carers on sharing strategies and curriculum information which enables them to support their children in persevering with learning.
• Children regularly discuss and reflect upon their aspirations.
• A diverse mixture of visits and visitors fosters in children curiosity and excitement about the wider world.
• We celebrate children’s achievements both within and outside of school, for example piano playing in whole school assembly.
• Our whole school works together on raising money for charities, aspiring to make a positive impact on the lives of others